Arbinger is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, service-oriented leader who is accustomed to working in high energy, fast-paced environments. Our full-time Proposal Specialist will assist Arbinger’s Government Practice Team with expert proposal writing support to help increase quoting activity and ultimately increase sales of additional products for the company. On a project-by-project basis, the Proposal Specialist will be responsible for leadership, management, and direction of the range of activities associated with the proposal writing process from pre-RFP to submission, in close conjunction with our specific needs. The ideal candidate should be “dual hatted” with extensive proposal writing experience and knowledge of various government proposal databases. The Proposal Specialist will report to Arbinger’s Director of Government Practice.
- Collaborate closely with teammates throughout entire proposal process to ensure quality of proposal work.
- Lead proposal development activities for an entire section of large proposals or entire proposals for smaller efforts.
- Assist with creation of superior quality (i.e. Tier 1), industry standard deliverables for both direct and indirect channel engagements; to include, but not be limited to, solicitations (RFP, RFI, RFQ), proposals, and various formatting projects.
- Read and interpret customer specifications, terms and formulate a quote for a solution that meets customers shipping and budgetary constraints.
- Research and gather technical and/or business information for use in proposal development activities.
- Apply winning proposal concepts, practices, and procedures along with solid writing methodologies to incorporate information and themes into assigned proposal sections.
- Interview client leads to collect organizational information and incorporate that information into proposals.
- Assist in the development and generation of “win” strategy and themes and differentiators as the framework for the response.
- Manage entire proposal projects from initial opportunity discovery and the establishment of project timelines to ensuring adherence to schedule, and communicating project details to the project team.
- Ensure that assigned proposal sections are compliant with the applicable RFP or RFI instructions.
- Work as an integral project team member in close partnership with capture team members, and the project manager to determine and respond to proposal requirements.
- Perform all assigned activities within expected quality and schedule parameters.
- Engage in other responsibilities as identified by Arbinger and assist with internal Arbinger tasks during gaps in support to proposals
- Manage a repository of compliance data, including insurance information, employment policies, etc. Read RFPs closely to identify potential issues related to contract language, and liaise with Arbinger’s various departments to obtain approved language and necessary information for RFP responses.
- Lead RFP response preparation, and take ownership of the accuracy, completeness, layout, and professionalism of the final product in coordination with the sales rep. Copy-edit as necessary, and obtain final internal approvals for the final submission.
- Print, bind and package the response if required by the customer, and ensure that the response is delivered by the deadline. Submit RFP via online portal if customer requires.
This is a direct hire, full-time position. Arbinger offers a competitive compensation package with premium health, PTO and holiday benefits.
- History of successful proposals worked across Government agencies and deep understanding of the logistics and operations of proposal writing.
- Understanding of and previous experience with Deltek GovWin program.
- Knowledgeable in business development and the Federal procurement processes.
- Strong ability to organize material, rapidly assimilate information, and provide guidance and direction to SMEs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and “command presence”: excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently and be a self-starter, and ability to multitask.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven record of successful business development, capture management and/or proposal management experience.
- Expert usage of MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours when required to meet RFP deadlines.